studio.jory.org is a full-service facility. And when we say full-service, we mean it! The studio is centrally located in the heart of Fairfax, California. Fairfax has a vast array of amenities within a block or two. Here is a partial list.
Restaurants & Food
- Italian (Fradelizio's, Sorella Caffe, Mauro's Pizza & Pasta, Deer Park Villa)
- Pizza (Red Boy, Mauro's Pizza & Pasta, Ghiringhelli's Pizzeria )
- Thai (Siam Lotus)
- American food (M&G Burgers)
- Mexican (Casa Manana, Pancho Villa's, Grilly's)
- Mediterranean (Fairfix)
- Chinese (Szechuan Chef, China Village)
- Indian (Cafe Lotus)
- Deli (Perry's Deli, DeLano's IGA Market)
- Misc. Dining (Iron Springs Pub & Brewery, Barefoot Cafe, Koffee Klatch, Chad's Grill & Garden Cafe, The Sleeping Lady, Gestalt Haus)
- Natural Foods (Good Earth Natural Foods)
- Desserts (Fairfax Scoop, Fat Angel Bakery)
- Coffee (Fairfax Coffee Roastery, Java Hut)
Other Nearby amenities
- Avatar Business Center
- US Post Office
- Fairfax Lumber & Ace Hardware
- Nightclubs (19 Broadway [Music Calendar], The Sleeping Lady [Music Calendar], Peri's [Music Calendar])
- Quality Liquors
- Gyms (Fairfax Gym, Yoga Mountain Studio)
- Music Store (Ancient Rhythm Music, Alley Cats Music School)
- Pharmacy (CVS, Walgreens, )
- Mountain biking, hiking trails
- Hundreds of acres of Open Space
- Fairfax Inn
- Dry cleaning (Top Hat, Piccaroto, Fairfax French Cleaners, Fairfax Soap & Suds)
- Fairfax Public Library
- Misc. Retail (Fairfax Variety, Revolution 9, Sherman's General Store, Culture Shock, Jonathan's Leathercraft)
Telltale Games developed Ubisoft's CSI: 3 Dimensions of Murder, released in February 2006. Dialog of the secondary characters for the new game was produced at studio.jory.org.
The November issue of ProSoundNews has just come out and it contains a very nice write-up on studio.jory.org!
The ambiences in LucasArts' Escape From Monkey Island were nearly all recorded by Jory in Marin, at various locations, such as coffee shops, bars, and restaurants in Fairfax, California, and in the battlements at the Marin Headlands.