studio.jory.org is a full-service facility. And when we say full-service, we mean it! The studio is centrally located in the heart of Fairfax, California. Fairfax has a vast array of amenities within a block or two. Here is a partial list.
Restaurants & Food
- Italian (Fradelizio's, Sorella Caffe, Mauro's Pizza & Pasta, Deer Park Villa)
- Pizza (Red Boy, Mauro's Pizza & Pasta, Ghiringhelli's Pizzeria )
- Thai (Siam Lotus)
- American food (M&G Burgers)
- Mexican (Casa Manana, Pancho Villa's, Grilly's)
- Mediterranean (Fairfix)
- Chinese (Szechuan Chef, China Village)
- Indian (Cafe Lotus)
- Deli (Perry's Deli, DeLano's IGA Market)
- Misc. Dining (Iron Springs Pub & Brewery, Barefoot Cafe, Koffee Klatch, Chad's Grill & Garden Cafe, The Sleeping Lady, Gestalt Haus)
- Natural Foods (Good Earth Natural Foods)
- Desserts (Fairfax Scoop, Fat Angel Bakery)
- Coffee (Fairfax Coffee Roastery, Java Hut)
Other Nearby amenities
- Avatar Business Center
- US Post Office
- Fairfax Lumber & Ace Hardware
- Nightclubs (19 Broadway [Music Calendar], The Sleeping Lady [Music Calendar], Peri's [Music Calendar])
- Quality Liquors
- Gyms (Fairfax Gym, Yoga Mountain Studio)
- Music Store (Ancient Rhythm Music, Alley Cats Music School)
- Pharmacy (CVS, Walgreens, )
- Mountain biking, hiking trails
- Hundreds of acres of Open Space
- Fairfax Inn
- Dry cleaning (Top Hat, Piccaroto, Fairfax French Cleaners, Fairfax Soap & Suds)
- Fairfax Public Library
- Misc. Retail (Fairfax Variety, Revolution 9, Sherman's General Store, Culture Shock, Jonathan's Leathercraft)
Bone: The Great Cow Race was nominated for an Independent Games Festival award for Excellence in Audio!
The November issue of ProSoundNews has just come out and it contains a very nice write-up on studio.jory.org!
The sounds for the "toy" versions of pod racers for Lucas Learning's Anakin's Speedway: Build & Drive were created using sounds made by the Academy Award-winning motion control system Industrial Light + Magic used to create visual effects for Star Wars.