studio.jory.org is a full-service facility. And when we say full-service, we mean it! The studio is centrally located in the heart of Fairfax, California. Fairfax has a vast array of amenities within a block or two. Here is a partial list.
Restaurants & Food
- Italian (Fradelizio's, Sorella Caffe, Mauro's Pizza & Pasta, Deer Park Villa)
- Pizza (Red Boy, Mauro's Pizza & Pasta, Ghiringhelli's Pizzeria )
- Thai (Siam Lotus)
- American food (M&G Burgers)
- Mexican (Casa Manana, Pancho Villa's, Grilly's)
- Mediterranean (Fairfix)
- Chinese (Szechuan Chef, China Village)
- Indian (Cafe Lotus)
- Deli (Perry's Deli, DeLano's IGA Market)
- Misc. Dining (Iron Springs Pub & Brewery, Barefoot Cafe, Koffee Klatch, Chad's Grill & Garden Cafe, The Sleeping Lady, Gestalt Haus)
- Natural Foods (Good Earth Natural Foods)
- Desserts (Fairfax Scoop, Fat Angel Bakery)
- Coffee (Fairfax Coffee Roastery, Java Hut)
Other Nearby amenities
- Avatar Business Center
- US Post Office
- Fairfax Lumber & Ace Hardware
- Nightclubs (19 Broadway [Music Calendar], The Sleeping Lady [Music Calendar], Peri's [Music Calendar])
- Quality Liquors
- Gyms (Fairfax Gym, Yoga Mountain Studio)
- Music Store (Ancient Rhythm Music, Alley Cats Music School)
- Pharmacy (CVS, Walgreens, )
- Mountain biking, hiking trails
- Hundreds of acres of Open Space
- Fairfax Inn
- Dry cleaning (Top Hat, Piccaroto, Fairfax French Cleaners, Fairfax Soap & Suds)
- Fairfax Public Library
- Misc. Retail (Fairfax Variety, Revolution 9, Sherman's General Store, Culture Shock, Jonathan's Leathercraft)
Bone: The Great Cow Race was nominated for an Independent Games Festival award for Excellence in Audio!
After presenting at the JoinGame VI workshop in Trondheim, Norway, VG, the country's largest daily newspaper ran a feature article containing an interview with studio.jory.org's principal, Jory Prum!
The book used for foley in Adaptation. was a copy of Susan Orleans' "The Orchid Thief" that happened to be borrowed from a local orchid seller!